Thursday, May 5, 2011

The New Life

Well, we are in. In the new house. In the new area. In the new life we wanted for ourselves. We have set up house. We have a BBQ. We have children living next door. The stability for my child that I never had. These things feel good.
This post is about work. I seem to have always had an agent. As an actor I have been told where and when to be places. How to look. What to say. And I have to say there are moments where I am like "I don't want to be told what to do anymore EVER!" Yes, my child is a bossy pants. But I have no boss. My husband sure appreciates that I cook, clean and shop for us but he is not the boss of me that's for sure.
I do my taxes, I drink cocktails at 5pm, I fantasize about the pizza delivery boy...these are all things woman do but to not have a boss...well, I am ready to decide for myself on my time, what my art will look like. I no longer have the feeling that something is waiting for me out there. To be bought and sold in terms of demographics. I am no longer selling anything. I am creating. For me.

No comments:

Post a Comment